Monday 3 February 2014

She's definitely me, BUT not me.

Here's a fact. I'm in a relationship, with HER. Let's call her S. We both have been brought up together and mommy said, " the person who can read your thoughts is the person who will stay in love with you forever."
I'm here, being one good child.

Racing through the new generation thoughts, Really UNFORTUNATELY, I'm straight. And she is too!

The point is, I'm in a relationship with HER, a friendship shared with her. She's been with me since childhood but has always been far away even when we have physically appeared a lot of times in front of each other.

Say whatever, ups and downs, high school gossips, migrating for graduation and all that...
But, this little tom boyish side of me has a secret girl hiding inside deep somewhere. Like every girl, I too have a girlfriend. Who, I technically call the BEST friend. Hang on, there's no BFF nuisance hanging here. She's the BEST | friend. See the broken term? I've never had slumber nights wearing pink pajamas or nighties with her. I definitely haven't shared a "Pink Pages" novel with her. I've never had high school gossips in high school with her and obviously never exchanged expensive pink or red wrapped gifts with her. I've grown up with her. She's been my classmate since my kinder garden days. But with the whole school hierarchy with group systems have kept me separately. I met her as a FRIEND after completing 19 years of life and 14 years of school life. You see, two people are destined to be together but they turn blind even when they are alone in one class.

Moving forward, she's the person, I share a long distance friendship with. She's an introvert, but opens herself like a jewel box in front of  me. She's from a very conservative background religiously, but the MOST non- judgmental lass a girl could ever have. She believes cellphones are waste of time and create cruel addiction for a human being but also tries and hunts for that destructive gadget when she wants to speak to me. For her, routine has to be busy, but also cribs about having no free time during her busy hours.

While on the other hand, there's me. I'm a complete extrovert who blabbers her life tragedies openly with sense of humor dipped in like chocolate in vanilla. ( I'm an ice cream lover ) . I  gel up with people like sugar mixed in milk. It doesn't take time. I belong to a "SHOW-OFF our dumbness" background ( Punjabis ) and obviously don't bother to care about what the hell is happening outside. ( something similar to her when judging takes place) I drink alcohol like water, can't breathe if my phone's not around, annoyingly spoilt, ridiculously negative and stupidity runs through my blood veins. I'm clumsy and I eat everything that is edible. I waste time only because I want to sleep and I cry over lame break ups.

The relationship I'v been in with S is the most precious, comfortable and the most flexible relationship a brain can expect. I share almost 99% of my life with her. That one percent hides the amount of love I hold for her. We both meet at rare occasions. None of us complain about the lack of communication, we both wet our pillows with wasted salt water on it over boy drama alone and then laugh over the same thing when we meet. We don't have so many pictures posted on public websites or even in our phones or our laptops. While, I get busy over spending my entire money over Flipkart book sales, she'll save the same amount and then spend it on our rare lunches. cuz I'm always broke. While, I plan to sit and cry over relationship nuisance, she'll flip the pages of magazines and then make me laugh my ass out by saying, " useless material input failure" . She'll hug me when I'll tell her about my broken family talks and then also ask me not to press her sexy boobies with my huge forehead.

I talk to her about my wallet getting ragged by me, bill amounts going high, drinking and passing out like a waste piece of shit , how to raise children, what to shop, education, sex, future, etc. ( who needs a boyfriend now?)

But there's always something special about her. There has always been a moment where silence drops in from my side and she will know exactly what is curtained right behind that. She might not know my favorite color, but the color she chooses will make me look impeccable. Also, She'll drop in by my side always when I become an isolated moron. And, she'll always hug me and accept me for all the moments where I've looked like a douche. What makes all of this special is, she's not given me years of friendship but she's definitely given me memories of 1000 years. In return, She's never asked for the BFF tag or any of the  girly statements normal girls make. But, she knows what exactly I've been through and I'm going to do. never asked me to skype, never got mad at me Never asked me when I might return to my hometown, never asked me what and why  I did and what made me do it. Then, be it a date with a guy or a stupid fight with my mother, she's always known every bit of me. every inch of me!

Hence, I conclude, She's definitely me, BUT not me. She's my person.







3 comments:

  1. May be your alcohol tastes like water :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't men just accept the fact that women can have a good capacity when it comes to alcohol?

      Delete