Monday 6 January 2014

10 highlights of 2013.


When people say, " You've changed, A LOT! You've moved on. ", there are two things that can practically affect you.
1. You give that statement a big smile and wink at the person.
                                   OR
2. You feel a sudden rush of guilt for changing yourself drastically.

Option No. 1 made me feel ME!
When I say, Move on, I DO NOT mean,  I've moved on because I have --" the love of my life left me " drama.

The year 2013 was a year of Happiness. A year of Speed. A year of KNOWLEDGE. And a year which made me realize, that yes, from all the things I can ever come across, my love for FOOD is UNDYING.

1. When the year started, I was busy preparing myself for my MATH/ Statistics paper and luckily, I got through it because it happened to screw me royally in the past.

2. I got through my final year of English Literature. I considered myself to be normal enough to understand what literature meant in the books. The final year was the door to a complete separate world where everything felt normal, yet abnormal.

3. I've never been rude/ harsh to anybody who argues with me. Well, I realize, I'm definitely not a Robot. I think, even a Robot has to be recharged. ( not sure of my scientific knowledge being right ) . Well, I realized, I need to learn to  SPEAK UP! Because, if the ozone layer can get tired of soaking the pollution, then my heart & my brain definitely can have a saturation point. So yelling at a person or breaking things & getting angry is RIGHT.

4. Unexpected out of a foodie like me, the best way to escape from the daily chaos is to GYM. The frustration sweats out and you also know that burning some amount of calories can make you look sexy. ( to all my readers who are my close friends, Feb I start with it again)

5. IT'S OKAY to breathe in peace when you are enjoying your last months with amazing food and alcohol joints, spending a little bit of time in Crossword because " the no network " moment with books around you is just so blissful. "cuz arguing & justifying is not meant to be focused on.

6. I might have been blamed of having " wrong " friends around me. But hello, my friends who sink themselves with alcohol on a weekend, practice sex as a healthy exercise and also smoke weed to numb the boredom are the most classy people. She's a girl, who's vocab a man can never beat. She's a smart girl with excellent movie sense, HIGHLY educated and also a girl who devotes herself because she wants the best body. He is a brother who happens to be intelligent enough with his taste in clothes , music and food. The best with event management and also my favorite photographer. And two other friends which have an unbeatable sense of humor and when high, they can make you laugh your tears out. all of them are excellently PRACTICAL and non- judgmental. They can handle the wrong & the right me all the time.

7. I've been lucky enough to surround myself with people who teach me that  knowledge is the power, Gym is the motivation, Love is my originality , Ignorance is to avoid the daily nuisance and FOOD, my best friend is happiness.

8. You are not lucky enough if you have a simple- educated- well spoken boyfriend. You're ABSOLUTELY & COMPLETELY LUCKY * pink blushes* when you have your OWN room with yellow bricked walls , a BIG mirror, a HUGE KING-SIZED BED and shelves with novels decorated. A room, i call it MINE after 21 years.

Now, I can spend my own sweet time doing everything possible there 'cuz the room is secretly located in a  bungalow with three floors and help myself get rid off the daily soap opera nonsense, family drama and also the stupid neighbor-coming-going routine.

9. With the whole move on thing, I consider, Sometimes it's okay to make trips. Trips which become a break. Trips that make your weekend go good. Trips which really happen 'cuz you want to say goodbye to a person makes you open to the statement , " A Goodbye can never be good". In my 4 years of Graduation, I've made 12 trips in 2013. 12! yes, that's a LOT for a year. But, this little sensitive side of me wanted to make the best out of the final year. Sp. An overnight trek risking your life, ( a little exaggeration is okay! ) with rain and height- phobia ( Vertigo) *with psychology sophistication highlighted*  .. And a trip to Bangalore is undeniably unforgettable.

10. A fixed job! No, I'm not a writer/ journalist by my profession. I'm not even next to any media profession. I'm working for my mom's company. People screw their graduation years to find themselves settled with a heavy package. Well, here it's a little weird . I was stubborn enough to stick to a decision of studying media. I worked with huge brands, i experienced so much of it. I met people who breathe in the world of pop culture , Public relations, social media, etc. After learning & grasping knowledge, I land up with my mom only because i have residing issues in Mumbai. The whole point is, I breathe and say, " move on! ".


With other things, when there were pains & sorrows, missing out on college and disappointments, the guilt...yet holds itself...!


P.S. Do NOT ask me why did I have SCIENTIFIC Math in Literature. Indian Education System might not have answer to it too! :P




  

No comments:

Post a Comment